Could I foster in Workington?
Have you got what it takes to foster children and young people in Workington?
Fostering may be the greatest challenge you'll ever undertake. It could also be the most rewarding. Fostering really can make a huge difference to children and young people's lives. At Community Foster Care we believe that the training and support we provide will enable you to undertake this challenging career and play a key role in creating the best opportunities for children and young people.
Do you have?
- Time, energy and enthusiasm for children and their interests
- At least one spare bedroom in your home
- Located in Workington
- A flexible approach, adaptable attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- A positive outlook and ability, to be pleased with small steps forward
- Strong and available family or support networks
- Respect for individuality and a willingness to speak up for young people’s rights
- Willingness to learn from your own and other people’s experiences and to attend regular training sessions and support group meetings
During the fostering process at Community Foster Care, we will assess you and your family's skills, attitude, personality and ability to understand what young people are going through and how you could, and would meet their varying needs.
You will find lots of useful information on the rest of our website. If you answered 'yes' to the questions above, fill in our enquiry form and we will be in touch with you shortly.