Take a look at our new website, launching soon!

0800 0124 278

Children & Young Adults

The children and young people we care for are at the heart of all we do.

We care for children of all ages within the homes of our foster carers.

Our Booklets

In order to make you feel at home when you move into your carer’s home, we have produced two separate guides - one for children and one for young people - that will provide information about:

  • your placement
  • what you can expect from Community Foster Care
  • what we expect from you
  • what you can do in the foster home
  • seeing your family and friends
  • how much pocket money you will get
  • the activities you will be able to do
  • your safety
  • school
  • your health needs
  • how to make a complaint, including contacting Ofsted.

>> Download Child's Booklet here

>> Download Young Person's Booklet here

How to make a complaint

Your carers are there to help and advise you, and our social workers and support workers are there to support both you and them to make your time with Community Foster Care as happy and worthwhile as is possible.

Sometimes things may happen that cause you to be unhappy. If so, please make sure someone knows how you feel; it is your right to complain.

If you want to make a complaint, you should try to discuss it with your carer or social worker. If that is not possible or you do not feel satisfied that your complaint has been listened to, you can complain to Community Foster Care's Chief Executive, Mark Kingston, at 01452 849301. 

If you want to complain to Ofsted, you should phone 0300 123 1231 or email enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk.

You can also contact ChildLine on 0800 1111 or Coram Voice (formerly Voice for the Child in Care) on 0808 800 5792.

Got questions about fostering?
  1. Select all

* denotes a required field

Upcoming Events

See more events...